So let me catch you up… after the last post, I met my friends Anne and Michelle in Anchorage for a mini vacation.

When we got into Homer we went to the Salty Dog Café. This place has dollar bills ALLLLLL over the inside of it.

After the Salty Dawg Café we headed to Ed and Sheryls. Talked with them for a bit and then just enjoyed sitting in a hot tub overlooking the mountains. On our way back to Anchorage the next day, we saw a Moose and it’s baby in the middle of the road!
When I got back to Kong Michele had to leave to head home to Indiana the same day. Sad but true.
So onto another week, another subject… Sheila called us one day and said Rod caught some seals and we should come over. So we did of course. We watched Sheila cut up and gut the seal. I took a video but I’m not sure how to post it on here so check out Facebook sometime. I did get a couple of pictures for you to see however! We cooked up the seal meat a couple of days later—it tasted exactly like beef liver to me- which I like. Rachel gagged because we made gag sounds to set her off (well Megan did). I don’t think she liked it so much ;)
Now as for an update on Moose.... he eats, plays, sleeps and poos. He is a HUGE SLOBERY BEAST these days. He will drive you nuts but is full of love. When we go out on walks and kids are around, Moose HAS to be the center of attention. What else is new. He runs up to them, rolls over on his back and expects to be pet and loved.
Moose smiling for the camera with snow/ice all over his face- just the way he likes it.
Moose digging in the snow-- he LOVES it! He looks like a little groundhog.
Also... RIP Peter the cat. He was a good cat and he was a bad cat. He sprayed on the furniture and we think he had tumors and was sick so he was 'put to sleep'. We miss that cat and I think he was Moose's best friend. What I don't miss is Moose eating the cat poo- glad that came to an abrupt stop.
Hmmmm so I think that is about it. I will post some Cultural Heritage Week information next week so you know what I am talking about. I land in Chicago May 18th… 24 days… but who is counting. Sheila and Rachel are coming back with me for about a week- they have never been to the Midwest!!! Should be a great time :O) From the Midwest they are going on to Maine. Welp I can’t wait to see you all soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment