Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mom in Kong!

Mom made it to Kong! After over 24 hours of flights/airports (flying from Cincy to Kong is not cool), my mom finally made it. She arrived around 9:30 on Thursday morning- took a quick tour of the school- went to my house and even made lunch for Rachel, Garnet and I (we need to hire someone to do this daily). Moose finally got to meet his Granny and boy does he love her. He isn’t trying to make the best 1st impression of course… but still cute, sweet, and cuddly. (Moose decided to lick spilled food off of my table and won’t listen to commands since she arrived).
After a looonnnggg day at school, Mom, Moose and I went for a walk to the graveyard… quite the walk. We met up with Rachel and Erin (a girl vising from the District Office) as well as their 2 dogs. Garnet’s Mom and brother are in town as well. It was a crazy night. Garent’s puppy arrived so we now have 4 dogs plus Erin’s dog, Peter the cat, as well as 9 people hanging out in one small area.
The Tommy Phillip NYO meet starts tomorrow!!!! I get to be a gofer/record keeper/runner/ do anything Megan tells me to person and my mom gets to work in the kitchen. She should be learning how to make Yupik food because they want to cook Yupik food for the event! This weekend we will get to try salted fish eyes as well. Margaret, the secretary, keeps raving about these fish eyes. She asked if I have ever tried them and I said nope, but I will attempt to eat one. I reminded her that my mom was visiting this weekend so that may be a good time- she agreed. YOU’RE WELCOME MOM! Should be interesting.
Well it is late and we have a big day planned tomorrow—lots of stories to follow I am sure :)

*Did I mention... the last time I weighed Moose... about 3-4 weeks ago... he weighed 20 pounds... NOW he weighs 40 pounds!!!!!

**Sorry I haven't blogged for a while... I will try to do better!**

No comments:

Post a Comment