I suppose you could call today a Wind Day as opposed to a Snow Day in the Lower 48.
We have a windchill of -34 and windgusts of 41 MPH. It sounds really bad outside, but I guess with the right gear it wasn't too terribly cold to walk to school. In fact, I don't think anything but my eyeballs were chilly on the 1 minute walk (maybe it's time to break out the ski goggles).
I will say I was concerned to see a flat metal 'plate/big shingle' from the preschool roof right in front of our front door this morning. Hate to think what that thing would do if we were outside when it came down!
So I guess I will go 'enjoy' my Wind Day... I'm still at school working because it wasn't canceled until I walked into the building (figures right?).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment