Monday, April 18, 2011

Blizzard!



I almost forgot to mention the blizzard we had a couple of weeks ago. It was just another blizzard... but it was the worst one I have seen since I've been here! The pictures below are the result of 30 minutes of blizzard action. We had shoveled the entry way 30 minutes prior and it still managed to be about as tall Rachel.


Our stove exhaust is located on the ground so of course it gets covered really easily. The school bought an extension so the exhaust can be off the ground... BUT the extension sat in the school for about a month and was not installed therefore was of no help for the blizzard. We kept trying to poke the ice out of the exhaust as much as possible but the wind was blowing the snow so much it was nearly impossible to stay safe. We turned off the stove and evacuated to Garnet's house for the night. The next morning we had a delay due to wind but still held school. When I faced the wind walking to school, there was plywood ALLLLLLL over outside. It was left over from building the school and left outside piled up- the blizzard blew it all over though.

No comments:

Post a Comment