

Saturday Michele and I were invited to go hunting with Oscar Jr. and George! I figured that I needed another adventure before I left Kong so happily agreed. At 5:45 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michele called me to wake up so we could head out! HOLL--Y! Although I was not totally impressed by the time… as I got going and saw the sun rising already I got pretty pumped. We went on 2 snowmachines (snow mobiles as they call them in the Lower 48) and headed out of Kong. We went to the sea shoreline and then followed it until we were about half way between Kong and Kwig. I could see the phone towers of each village almost equal distance apart. I told them if I was going that I did not want to go over a river or lake on the snow machine. Yea right! We passed over a couple of rivers in fact. It was scary at first but thrilling each consecutive time. It really wasn’t that bad- and I do trust the guys we went with to keep us safe. It feels a lot like a skidoo when you are on the water. When we got to our ‘parking spot’ we walked a little ways on the shoreline towards the sea (although you couldn’t see the water because tide was out and it was frozen…). We were just walking along and suddenly the boys would drop to the ground because they saw geese. Maybe it was too early but Michele and I were totally slap happy. We just froze and then started laughing and talked a good portion of the time. Probably drove those guys nuts out hunting! When we found a spot to ‘camp’ it was in a mud pit surrounded by snow and more mud (aka the shoreline). It was really chilly in the morning but still fun nevertheless. I had never shot a gun before so they taught me. The first time I tried I apparently screamed before I even shot it according to Michele… I don’t remember. Even though neither Michele nor I caught anything, we had a great time. Oscar caught 11 and George 7 geese. It was a great experience but I realized I’m not meant to be a hunter. 1. I didn’t catch anything. 2. I can’t sit still. They were like “ahh the birds saw you moving your head… your backpack is too bright… they can see your hat… lay down slowly… stay on the ground… stop moving… etc 3. I am a multi tasker. I can not just sit and wait for birds to come. As Michele pointed out… I would have been just fine had I brought Sudoku with me. I can’t even watch a movie without my Sudoku these days! 4. In an effort to sit still… I fell asleep about 3 different times while we were hunting.
All in all… it was a BLAST! No pun intended ;)
But seriously, it was just the adventure I was looking for and I got to go to the sea one last time before leaving Kong!
No comments:
Post a Comment