This is the 'new teacher housing' area. There are 3 buildings. Each building has 2 'homes' inside. Each home has 3 bedrooms.
Below is the view we have walking out the front door... NOT the greatest but I'm ok with it :) It's a view of the back of the school.
SO I realize the outside may seem like nothing special... BUT it is GREAT here!
When you walk into the house there is a storage/coat room- very convenient! I forgot to take pictures of the 'arctic entry' BUT it's basically a big wooden room with dog kennels and stand up freezers.

Here are some pictures I took of the living room, dining room and kitchen at different angles just to show it off :) As you can see, the doggies have a lot of space and everyone is happy!
can't you see how happy they are?!
My new room! I have 2 twin beds which I pushed together to make into a King Size bed and of course I had to buy new bedding for a new house! There is even a closet... with doors in my room! It's simply amazing :)

Can you believe that in bush Alaska, we have our own washer and dryer?!

(I decided not to take pictures of Rachel's room... she MAY not appreciate that so I guess if you really want the rest of the tour you need to come check it out yourself) :)
The bathroom has a flush toilet. Enough said.


Over the summer I found a table cloth at Cabit Design which I purchased for the house. (You all should check out Cabit Design-- it's got some pretty sweet stuff!) The kitchen table it probably visually my favorite part of the house. Rachel's salt and pepper shakers matched the tablecloth perfectly!
I absolutely LOVE our kitchen. We have a lot of cabinets and counter space and we EVEN have a dishwasher! Unbelievable!
We even have a spare bedroom in this house which means we are dying to have company! The spare bedroom is also known as the workout room where we have a bike and an ab rocket. HOPEFULLY those get put to use this year. Doesn't Moose look so happy in this picture?!

Below is the view looking out of our kitchen window. TUNDRA! Endless tundra as well as the boardwalk to the tower.
No comments:
Post a Comment