Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fun on the Tundra :)

Last Saturday we needed to take a break! What better way than to go fishing with great friends! Margaret, Rachel and I broke in the 4-wheelers again and headed down the river to find a fishing spot. NO LUCK catching fish but since the river was starting to freeze we did catch a lot of ice chunks! Sure adds a twist to fishing when the line gets caught and pulled downriver by ice. Let's just say... we broke every line and lost every hook we had BUT STILL managed to have a great time.

She's pretty much at peace when fishing begins... until we end the trip and no fish are caught :( Still fun though right Rachel?!


River with some ice chunks and Kong in the background- I love Alaska!


Gotta <3 Margaret!



It's crazy here how if you don't wath where you walk you may just step into a lake!

Rachel and Margaret fishing!

Definitely almost got swallowed by the mud as I went to rescue hooks stuck in the mud next to the river!




We went for a couple of walks this weekend- BEAUTIFUL weather to walk and the ground is frozen which means no dirty dogs! Unless of course, your dog is stupid enough to run on the VERY thin ice of the lake and fall in... then you have a frozen dog like Moose was last weekend!
I think he was having fun... :O)

Camo dog!

YAY! Frozen enough that he didn't fall in this time!

They love to play!

Puppy Love <3

I totally got attacked by Zowe when I tried to get a picture with Moose-- they both ganged up on me and whitewashed my face!

Beautiful day for a walk :)

On my walk with the pups today I saw a helicopter coming in! CRAZY! Was dropping someone off from military training apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment