

As always things have been crazy here in Bush Alaska! For starters a week and a half ago we finally got out running water/flush toilet/shower/laundry back after 2 months of having none of it! We were SO EXCITED! A few days later however... all of the other teacher housing LOST their ability to have running water for a day. Luckily it was only a day...
Yesterday I got a phone call from my principal... "you guys need to limit the use of your water at home and at school as much as possible..." Apparently the pipe is frozen somewhere between the school and the plant... that's about a mile of insulated green pipe.... AGH it's a mess. I have no idea how they will go about fixing the problem... poor people who have to work on this mess! I noticed today that the puddle of sewage under the school has grown... and it's creeping closer to our house! GAH! SICK! There is a chance we won't have school tomorrow until it is fixed because every time the toilet flushes apparently it adds to this pile... only in Bush Alaska....
...so on top of the water/sewage issues we have a blizzard! I'm sitting in my classroom right now and unable to see the windmill out my back window which is only about 300 yards away... ridiculous. It has been 'blizzarding' as they call it here since about Wednesday. There isn't that much snow coming down from what I can tell but all the snow we did have seems to be blowing and drifting worst right around the teacher housing. Rachel thought she would be nice and shovel our stairs yesterday... yesterday was a nice day... today that was ALL filled in again! Kristina's husband shoveled a TON through the middle of a drift 2-3 times and it is all filled in again today... at least we got some awesome photos out of the deal! As I sit here blogging-- it's getting worse and worse outside... I may need to post more pictures again tomorrow!
Rachel's beautiful work yesterday...
and today...
He's wierd...
A view of the newer housing from the new school...
Mason's work... cleared yesterday
Mason's work today...
Our dogs are nuts... all like rolling around/burying their heads in the snow...
They LOVE playing out in the snow!
I'd like to think he loves me... even though I have to hold him in place for a picture with me...
No comments:
Post a Comment