Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Feels like -12!

The cold has come and it's here to stay! It is currently 4 degrees but feels like -12. I CAN'T WAIT until it feels like -40 (not... I hope I survive the winter).
We had a half day of school today due to the death and funeral of an elder. A few of us went to the service at the church and then to the feast after. One of the houses was opened up to all and there was TONS of food set out. I had some rice, turkey, ham, akutaq, cake, and salted raw salmon. I thought I would be daring and try something new (plus I have had Salmon Sushi and thought I could handle it). EW! The salmon had some meat, skin, and cartilidge- the locals LOVED it! For me however, there were a few too many textures. The soft meet, rubbery skin, crunchy cartilidge. Blah! The only good part was all the salt.
Well I don't have much else to say and I have a lot of work to do- 2 IEP's next week! LESS THAN 5 weeks until I am south of Alaska! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment