SNOW and COLD have arrived in Kong. We have reached temperatures below zero according to the weather forecast I look at online. It isn’t too snowy or windy yet- but it is cold enough. I must admit I am slightly worried about what is to come.
Moose loves the snow. He whines at the door to be let out a lot more recently and then he plays and digs in the snow. He and Weeko tend to wrestle in the snow often too (and anywhere else for that matter).
We had a GREAT Halloween Weekend. On Friday there was a big Halloween Carnival at school. Lucky me, I got to be at school from 7:15 AM to 11:15 PM. Garnet and I dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2 from The Cat in the Hat. Can you tell who is who? The kids have a hard time telling us apart with out matching costumes—so it was fun to play with their minds a little.
We dressed Rachel up last minute… but you would probably agree she had a pretty awesome costume/paint job. She was the Ghost of Hunting Safety. She helped me paint faces at the carnival- it was HILARIOUS to watch the poor little kids who didn’t know her go up to get their face painted and then walk over to me instead ☺ I can’t blame them. Sheila was a Witch- a scary one at that!
Here are two of my kiddos on Halloween. They didn’t come dressed in costumes- and I don’t think they knew what to think about me at first. The little boy on the left took a couple minutes before he could talk to me where as he usually attacks me with a hug in the morning.
So anyway, Friday was the carnival and the Student Council set up a Haunted House. As if this wasn’t enough- we also had a dance. Due to 10:00 curfew for students, guess who got to clean up after everything!
On Halloween I decided to put a flannel on both Moose and Me. He pretty much hated his life that night--- the sleeves were too long for him, so when he would go to walk he face planted a couple of times. Below are all of the dogs on Halloween (Moose, Midnight, Weeko and Lacy).
Kids in Kong start trick or treating at 2:00! We were out of candy by 6:00. We decided to lock the door and not answer whenever someone knocked- was a long night.
I definitely had a memorable Halloween- not only because of the costumes, carnival, and trick or treating…. But also because it was my first time ever ICE FISHING! A HS student and his mom invited Rachel and I to go. We traveled by 4-wheeler and a sled hooked on to the back. On the way we picked up one of the elders (Grandma of one of my students) to go with us.
(It was just a little cold… and this was before the ride and the fishing)
I was really worried that the ice wasn’t frozen enough. Just the day before the elders were giving the kids a speech about not going on the ice yet… and here I was about to go on the ice. I decided to put my trust in Dolly (the mom who took us fishing) though☺
Dolly made Rachel and I fishing poles with a stick, string, hook, and a few weights.
I started by catching 4 fish in a row….. however they didn’t make it past the surface. I would see it and then it would get away. But after a little advice, I learned the technique… pull it FAST out of the water.
I ended up catching 5 Tom Cod and 1 Smelt which we cut up and used as bait.
Below are Rachel and Faye in the sled on the way back- I sat on the 4 wheeler.
Moose continues to grow! He has matured and calmed in so many ways…. But still manages to drive my crazy at times. For example: he has recently discovered the Tootsie Rolls Peter hides in the litter box! UGH DISGUSTING! Moose runs up to me with kitty litter all over his nose/mouth/gums and the tootsie rolls are gone from the box! This is a work in progress although little or no progress has been made.
Just though I would throw this picture in too… I was simply putting pepperoni on a pizza and they all thought they may have a chance at a treat. Gotta love our miniature zoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment