WHAT A WEEK!!! All the kids seemed a little(A LOT) off at school all week. Today, Friday the 13th, was QUITE the day for me. This marks my first day getting punched in the nose by a student. Yes, I have been hit, kicked, and spit on by some of my kiddos... but my nose could possibly be broken this time (no worries- I think I am fine because I can still breathe and it doesn't look bad). I did go to the village clinic to get it checked out (mainly I wanted a piece of paper stating this happened) and that was an experience all in itself. Shortly after the incident happened, I called the clinic to see if I could come in. They said they were REALLY busy today. I assured them I thought I would be in and out and they said, "Well maybe you can try coming around 3." So at about 3:15 I headed to the clinic... 3 Alaska time ;)... and walked in to find not one single patient. Instead when no one waited on my I walked into the office and the secretary? was playing a computer game (yea, real busy). After filling out papers the health aide took my temp., my blood pressure, and weighed me. She then pulled out this BIG BOOK! THE BOOK. I had heard of this book in the past- and it's real. When you go to the clinic they pull out a book and ask you questions from it. For example, "Are you feeling pain?" Yes.... then they turn to a different page... "Did you hear a pop or crack?" Yes.... So they turn to another page. "Look at these faces... :) :/ :( and everything in between- using these faces rate how much pain you are in right now." After asking a few questions... turning the page for a new question- I was finished! She said she would send the report to the doctor in Bethel. BASICALLY, a doctor who is MANY miles away will tell me whether I have a broken nose or not. It's about midnight now and I still haven't heard anything back from them (ice or not to ice, medicine, ???). I'm glad this wasn't something more serious.
My day yesterday started pretty interesting too. Moose woke me up at 6 AM because he was getting sick (this is a first for him). After cleaning that up and going back to bed I got up again at 7 to get ready for school. First I let Moose outside and he got all tangled up on his leash. When I went to help him I couldn't find my slippers so I just quickly put on my moccasins. Bad idea. I slipped on the stairs and flew right down them on my back. Yesterday a JH or HS student shoved a teacher- 2 times. The same student brought a puppy to school in her back pack on Wednesday. After an hour of hiding it in Garnet's class, she decided to take the puppy out to show off. Of course the puppy had to pee all over Garnet's desk.
It has really been a crazy week-- I am too tired to even think about anything else that happened.
I'll focus on the positive. I have a new friend :) She runs here EVERY DAY and told me in August I could run with her if I wanted (she is also one of my classroom 1:1 aide's daughter). I finally decided to try running with her this week. Thursday night we ran at about 7 and it was pitch black out but BEAUTIFUL. Perfect running weather. You could see all the stars and ice was on the ground BUT luckily we didn't fall. Moose and Midnight got to run too this way. Today when we ran it was SO windy with snow/sleet. I got about a mile into the run and turned around-- I didn't like the ice in my eyes and it was FREEZING. She continued on and ran for 45 minutes. I continue to have a love/HATE relationship with running.
I suppose that even though this week was so crazy I still love it here. BUT, I can't wait for 5 1/2 weeks to come home for Christmas (Who's counting though).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment