Weekends are too short. Not that I did anything exciting- it still flew by. On Friday night Garnet and I made a homemade Pumpkin Pie. Considering I am not a big Pumpkin Pie Fan and I liked this- it must have been a success. I used my Great(?) Grandma's Pie Crust Recipe and we used an actual Pumpkin. DELICIOUS!
Today we went to the Lagoon for our weekly Honey Bucket Dump Time and as I was pulling the sled (with our 3 portos) up the hill, I slipped and hit my knee first. It is a little swollen but I will survive :) Rachel and Garnet sure enjoyed the show.
Teachers have tons of stories about the things kids say. Last week I got one of my first stories. On Thursday a little girl came into school REALLY upset. This third grader was crying because she had a couple of little red 'dots' on her forehead. Every time I saw her during the day her eyes were swollen and her hood was up. Friday morning I passed her in the hall way after school began. She paused after I passed and said 'MS FREY!' I turned around, confused because she suddenly seemed extremely happy to see me. She said, "Ms Frey- YOU have red dots TOO!!!!" I made her day- she had such a big smile on her face (even if I should have been a little offended- it was pretty cute).
No comments:
Post a Comment