Thursday, September 17, 2009

Call from the Cops

Yesterday was QUITE the day!

All started when one of my aides didn't show up and we couldn't find a sub for one of my intensive needs students. I'm not going to even go into the behaviors this student displays on here... let's just say it was a long day. I didn't even get my lunch until 2:15 and if you know me- that was killer.
At about 2:45 I returned from lunch and needed just a break and some time to work on IEPs in my room. As soon as I sat down my phone rang. To answer or not to answer? Well I decided to answer.
"Is an Amanda Frey there? This is ______. I am a STATE TROOPER here in Bethel. We are just calling because you have a package here that was going through the post office from a 'Patrick Lecher'. Do you know anyone by this name? Well it is illegal to send alcohol to the villages. We can hear a liquid and want to know if we have your permission to check it out. Don't worry, you are not being arrested right now" (Oh, that's comforting). SOOoooo they put me on hold and the whole time I was thinking (I didn't tell people they can't send alcohol, he makes wine I bet that is the liquid they hear, I'm losing my job, no one will believe me). 2 minutes later the trooper was back on the phone to inform me that it appeared to just be some canned foods or something (oh thanks)."
About ten minutes after I got off the phone I was still recovering when my principal walked by and asked how things were going. I told him he would never guess what just happened... the State Trooper called... He then said 'shhh' and shut my door worried something big happened as well. He totally enjoyed the story and said he has never heard of such a thing happen out here.... only to me.
As if my week hasn't been crazy enough (a guy from the District Office came to walk me through my 1st IEP, the speech pathologist surprised me by showing up not once but twice, a couple of my aides have been out, a call from the trooper... AND last night at about 10:00 I got 2 e-mails. Apparently the psychologist AND the HEAD of the District's Special Ed. Department are coming out first thing this morning! I better get to work!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Amanda. I feel bad. Life here is pretty hectic as well, but I guess not that hectic. Hope you're doing well.
    -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should have mentioned that I am still having fun out here instead of only focusing on the negative ;)

    ReplyDelete