Thursday, September 24, 2009

We have had frost the past 3 mornings... some villages even have snow! (believe it or not I am excited for the snow)! In the afternoons it is probably about 40-50 degrees still)

I just wanted to send you all a few links about the big news in Kongiganak (and really the Lower Kuskokwim School District). This article is about the husband of one of our teachers here in Kong. I got to see pictures of the bite marks and the wolf itself. The wolf looked HORRIBLE! Apparently it had tried to eat a porcoupine and had quills all over its mouth/nose, tail, and legs. It also had a wet wipe stuck in its mouth??? He must have been desperate...
http://www.adn.com/3437/story/940028.html
http://www.adn.com/front/story/940618.html
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/ap_alaska/story/941224.html

I have had a pretty good week... Yesterday one of my aides brought me a crocheted case for my cell phone (it was green with a purple flower on it). SO NICE! Another aide brought me a few pounds of Moose meat! They were too good to me yesterday:) I cut up the meat and made my first Moose Stew ever! It actually turned out to be tasty! Garnet came over for some stew and my corn bread. She brought the stuffing. (I need to be dieting and claim to be on a 'diet'... can you tell the way I have been eating?!)

Moose seems to have hit his teenage years. He constantly walks to the trashcan wanting to pick out his snack for the day. NOT OK WITH ME! He knows better because for a while I had stopped him of this behavior. Good news is he hasn't had any accidents in about 3 weeks. He really is a good dog I just want him better :)

Time to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment