Friday, September 4, 2009

1st Cross Country Meet!!!!

We leave today at 2:00 for our first Cross Country Meet. Every Friday the kids get out at 1:00 (lucky kids!) so we will wait in the gym until our planes arrive. I am taking 10 kids (9 Junior High and only 1 Highschool runner) as well as a male chaperone... the Kindergarten teacher. We have 2 little planes picking us up and the runnning starts at 5 (I hope the weather is ok and doesn't delay us!!!)!
Yesterday I was telling the kids what to pack and I mentioned to bring shorts (they ALWAYS run in jeans for practice... talk about uncomfortable.... and they tend to wear crocs for running too...) ANYWHO when I said to bring shorts for the race they all started giggling. I FORGOT that shorts to them are underwear. Whoops. So we got a good laugh out of that :)
Anyway- I need to get going- I'll update you on how the meet went, tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment