Saturday, August 22, 2009

A day in the life...


BEAUTIFUL




Headed out to pick berries


Village Post Office


His blanket finally came!


Moose loves Garnet


Moose and Peter


@ my first Throwing Party

So after I posted last night ... I was told there was about to be a Throwing Party and I needed to put on my boots and head down the boardwalk. I was SO EXCITED that something was actually happening in the village so I rushed home to change and we headed out. A Throw Party is called when a child has his first catch. All the women and kids in the village gather around and people THROW tons of things into the group (sort of like candy is thrown in a parade). I was first hit by a flying saucer (literally they threw a plate and it hit my leg... and left a mark!) and later caught candy and a tupperware bowl. One of students gave me a headband she caught. Some of the people caught dishcloths, towels, homemade items (I really wanted a hat), school supplies and even the big Roughware bins were thrown! GARNET was lucky enough to catch a fruit by the foot and eat it in front of me very slowly... I was G-louse! (Which reminds me... if you are bored, get on You Tube and watch A Dramatic Reading of a Break Up Letter... you will laugh... A LOT... and understand why I wrote G-Louse!)
After the Throwing Party Rachel had Moose and I over as well as Garnet for Stir Fry (delicious) and a movie night. We watched Anchorman (<3 it) as well as Stardust(Rachel and I talked through this whole movie- I have no idea what happened). Had a good time but it turns out that Moose loves Rachel and Garnet more than me :( He only wanted to sit by them (they give him real food and I don't). I don't know what it is about Moose... he has only had one accident in my house- it was minor. In Megan and Rachel's houses though... he always has an accident. It tends to be in the bathroom which is really odd to me.
Anyway... moving on... I WAS SO HAPPY because Moose slept in until 10:00 today when I was the one who woke him up! Seriously, so happy. We got up and Megan, Rachel, Garnet and I headed out on the tundra to go berry picking! We brought Moose, Lacy, and Tootsie (a student's dog who has adopted Rachel... Moose is in love with Tootsie). I enjoyed the berry picking and I hope to go again tomorrow. We also walked around the village for a little while. Tonight I will be eating more of my Salmon and I am babysitting Peter (Rachel's cat). She is heading into Bethel to pick up her dog Midnight- another friend for Moose!
For now, I am spending my Saturday afternoon at school attempting to get work done. My "inspiration box" FINALLY came yesterday so I will be writing back to you all soon!!!! I miss everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment