-My School!-
-My new home... for more pictures check out my Flickr account when I post it-
--WOOOWEEE Fun times in the air!--
I made it to KONG!!!! We had our last day of training today... I was taught how to say Kongiganak -and yes Crissy, it really does sound like a sneeze... when you say it in Yupik. We learner a dance and some words of which I don't remember. At the end of training we got on a bus and headed to the airport. Each airline to the villages has its own little building. You just give them your bags and step on the scale then they load the plane up. Garnet, Mr. Daugaard and I were on a 4-seater plane with the pilot- YIKES! Not going to lie- was definitely nervous about this when we took off but it was fine. We were low enough that I could always see the ground and we even passed a couple of villages which was cool. When we landed a guy on his 4-wheeler (I already forget his name... this isn't good) took my bags and drove them down the boardwalk to my house... it was only a few minute to walk to. My house is actually decent sized... I have a brand new couch, brand new bed, and get this... A BRAND NEW HONEY BUCKET (which I still haven't used... probably the reason I am at school right now). Only 4 of my little priority mail boxes have arrived- O NO!!!!- so I decided to rearrange my classroom. This is how far I got. Instead of rearranging I am online talking and blogging. I am still working on my Flickr photos... by the time you read this tomorrow I may have some posted at last! ANYWAYYyyyyy... I don't know much else- moving in is hard to do when I don't have anything here but maybe tomorrow! O, also- I got a new cell phone- 907-444-0972. Call or TEXT anytime- unlimited texting for me :) Miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment